Sunday 22 March 2009

Friday, Saturday, Sunday

I went away to Barrow in Furness this weekend and in general I managed to resist mostl things sugary - and I've been feeling really well all weekend.

On Friday I had a really busy day - gardening, working in the office, working with medical students, seeing a play and finally driving to Barrow-in-Furness.

I ate lots of good things: I can't remember what they all were - I know they included a raw carrot and some raw cabbage - but on the way to Barrow I had a bar of chocolate, because it was late at night and I was feeling really tired and hoped it would give me a boost, since I still had about 100 miles to drive - - it did!

Yesterday I had a healthy breakfast at Amy's with mixed fruit salad, wholegrain cereal, toast - - then a long walk - - then a carvery lunch with turkey, carrots, swedes, peas, green beans, cauliflower cheese, roast potatoes - - then salad for tea with chicken and pepperami - and a glass of red wine - - first alcohol for months I think!

And today I had fruit salad, apple juice,then rice krispies, then toast and marmalade for breakfast. Lunch was vegetable soup (home made, in a cafe) with a baguette and butter, and then a fruit scone and butter.

Then I had four Ryvita circles with butter and cheese, a bowl of Cheerios with semi-skimmed milk, an orange, a nectarine, a few brazil nuts.

Verdict: really not bad at all, with just a few slips. Still eating too much butter but not too bad at all. And I feel well! Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment